Wednesday 8 April 2015

Anushka Sharma 's Latest interview

Ranbir Kapoor made me cry




Karan Johar recently said that he didn’t even know where the camera was while shooting for Bombay Velvet. 
Yeah. You would never know and he won’t tell you. And after a while you don’t even bother. Raju sir will tell you yeh camera hai, yeh emotion hai and I will take it from here. Kashyap’s set is like a drama. It’s like a play, you go into an empty room, it’s so intimate and real, you can’t see the cameraman, who’s anyway such a calm guy. You get used to both their styles after a while.

Bombay Velvet also engulfed you in the lip job controversy…
I didn’t realise it would become such a big issue. But it did.  People went on talking… tumne yeh kiya, tumne woh kiya... and I was like please meri bhi sun lo. I couldn’t understand why people were reacting so much. But then I realised why they were…

Was it a good decision to express your mind on Twitter?
Yes it was. Because otherwise you leave too much room for unnecessary speculation. Why would I hide it? I knew people would notice it na. I wasn’t living in a bubble thinking no one would notice it. I wanted to put an end to it for my mental peace. Though I don’t owe anyone any explanation. Usskey baad anyone said anything, it just fell on deaf ears. People are intelligent. Once you give an intelligent answer they understand, they stopped trolling.

What was the experience like working with Ranbir Kapoor on Bombay Velvet?
He’s easy to work with because he’s been my friend. His irritating me is normal but on set I don’t like getting irritated. I don’t even like talking.I sit quietly in one corner. He thought he was being funny and I couldn’t take it because I had to do the scene. (Laughs) I just went in one corner and started crying. Then Ranbir came to me and said,
‘I swear I won’t trouble you again’. I was like I know we do this normally but I don’t want you to do this right now. I was like ‘Ranbir just stop talking and stop irritating me.’ I didn’t want to fight with him because we were going to shoot a romantic scene. I was like I can’t even fight with him, so what do I do? And I started crying like a chick. That was the only time. After that we were fine. I’ve huge respect for Ranbir as an artiste. He’s a very good actor and so effortless. He’s not like pumping up before a shot or thinking too much. We would be just talking before we’d start filming. Then we’d be out of it and we’d be planning dinner.  It was as casual as that. I like his selection of films and the way he uses his stardom to back good cinema. I wish he continues to do that, I pray that his tribe may increase. He has it in him to create that kind of legacy.

You have a kissing scene in the film. How did you deal with it?
It’s nothing. Both of us are in very solid relationships. We both are secure actors. It’s strange to even explain this. We both don’t do meaningless films; we both don’t do scenes just to grab attention. We are working on an Anurag Kashyap film, so everything is happening for a reason.

As you said both of you are in relationships, does that baggage come in?
No. Rather, you think I saw this film and those guys were so real. We should be real too. You think how
I can make this film better. We wanted to make the kissing scene in Bombay Velvet look effortless. The way Ranbir and I view our characters is similar. When I read about Rosie and Balraj’s relationship, it was so freaking real. It was how you would be with your boyfriend. The intensity, that passion was so real; I was scared to do this film. I know Ranbir just thinks of his character. He has no malice, no double thoughts. Anurag, Ranbir and I are concerned with the same thing - let’s make great cinema. If I was working with any other actor who I knew didn’t think like that, I would have been scared – not of kissing but that it may not look as good on screen as it does on paper.



Credit to Filmfare Magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment